born 1962 in Sibiu, Romania.
- beginning of his violin studies in Sibiu
- 1976 - 1980 studies at the Muzica G. Enescu Lyceum in Bucharest, where he started studying viola as a pupil of Mugur Popovici.
- 1977 - invitation for six weeks to the International Music Camp in Interlochen - Michigan (courses for viola, orchestra and chamber music)
- 1980 - 1984 - student at the „C. Porumbescu“ Conservatory in Bucharest, under Valeriu Pitulac. His chamber music teacher was Dorel Pascu. Strong interest and concern for contemporary music, executing various debut performances and radio recordings Member in two string quartets (deepening his repertoire of classical, romantic and 20th century music)
- 1983 – performing with the “Concerto“ string quartet at the international festival in Bayreuth
- 1985 – presentation of different string quartet works of contemporary romanian composers at the Cultural Days of Romania in Amsterdam
- 1985 he moves to Germany.
- 1986 - 1989 Co-Principal Violist at the Philharmonic Orchestra in Freiburg im Breisgau. Growing of an intensive chamber music activity.
- 1987 - Foundation of the ensemble „Taraf Transilvania“, with whom two CDs with traditional romanian music have been recorded.
- 1989 he changed to the Tonhalle Orchestra in Zürich as Co-Principal Violist
- 1993 he rocords together with the Violonist Sergiu Nastase and the Saxophonist Räto Harder: „Experiment 93“, a CD including some of his own compositions
- 1995- he writes and executes the music for the silent picture „Battle for earth“ by S. Eisenstein.
- 1995 he’s been invited to the Festival of New Music in Bucharest, Romania, where he meets the composer Dan Dediu, who dedicates to him his Concerto Nr. 1 for viola and orchestra. The world premiere took place in 1996 at the “C. Porumbescu” Conservatory in Bucharest, conducted by Dorel Pascu.
- 1997 Dan Dediu dedicated his Concerto Nr. 2 for viola and orchestra, world premiere took place in Zürich.
- 1997 - oundation of the ensemble „DRUM“ with the Dutch violonist Karel Boeschoten. Dan Dediu composed for “Drum” a piece for violin and viola, which they first perfomed during the Romanian Cultural Days. In the same year followed another piece for violin, viola and piano by Dan Dediu.
- 1997- he writes and executes the music for the silent picture „Mother“ by Pudowkin.
- 1998 - 1999 he took part in several concerts together with the European Chamber Orchestra ansamblului conducted by the percusionist Pierre Favre.Together with Pierre Favre and the ensemble „DRUM“ various concerts with free imporvisation in Switzerland followed.
- 2000 - At the „World Music 2000“ for New Music in Luxemburg ihe performes the Concerto Nr. 2 for viola and orchestra by Dan Dediu in the opening concert.
- 2001 - Dediu composed a Trio for flute, Viola and harp, dedicated to Matthias Ziegler, Marius Ungureanu and Xenia Schindler. In the same year Dediu composed the duet “Dance with an orange” for soprano and viola, after a poem by Rilke, dedicated to Irina and Marius Ungureanu. Both compositions had their world premiere in december 2001 in Luxemburg.
- 2002 various concerts with the composer Jürg Wyttenbach in Germany
and Switzerland, and with the pianist Verona Meier in Germany, Romania
and Switzerland, followed. In the year 2001 after 25 years he meets
again with his friend and cameraman Traian Rocsoreanu, with whom he
started different projects and recitals in Bucharest, Sibiu an at the
International Theatre Festival Sf. Gheorghe . Together with T. Rocsoreanu,
Meisi Timm and Monique Popescu in august 2002 he shot and produced the
music picture “Der Traum – The dream”. His future
artistic orientation has been strongly influenced by these new co-operations
with T. Rocsoreanu, as they found an expression in new ways of scenic
concepts, with reference to silent pictures and music theater without
Together with artist of the Tonhalle Orchestra and from München Marius Ungureanu founded the ensemble “Kraftbrühe”.
Pictures, videos and music theater without words - dream and reality.
Searching for new scenic ways and expressions.